Saturday, November 11, 2006

Things I Am Grateful For


I posted in another blog about the things that I am thankful for, and it was an idea I wanted to expand on here. Of course I am grateful for my family. They are relatively happy and healthy for which I am profoundly grateful. Additionally, my wife is my favorite person on this planet. She is fantastic, as well as the possessor of the best sense of humor that I have ever seen.

But beyond the obvious, over the next few weeks, I'll be adding little tidbits of things that make my life just a little more enjoyable. Today's little tidbit? Van Halen, although right about now I would be grateful if they went away. Van Halen has been a soundtrack to my life since I was 14. I play the guitar because of the man (although I play too much like EVH) and I used to look forward to new releases like kids looked forward to Christmas, it was an event which would lead to hours and hours of listening. Unfortunately, their circus has turned into a pathetic joke that should end. The idea of touring with David Lee Roth as a singer would be okay. The idea of them touring with DLR and Wolfgang Van Halen on bass??? That is nothing less than a joke.

Anyway, this has been fun, I'll post some more soon.

No comments: