Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tape Delay FTL!


For the record, FTL is now my favorite internetism.  It is just so flexible.  Anyway, I go onto ESPN.com this morning and there is a big headline about how Rafael Nadal could be losing in the French Open today (yes, I enjoy watching tennis, I'm a sports junkie okay?), which is historic because he's won 4 straight French Open titles, never losing in the tournament ever.  Anyway, I switch over to NBC for some live coverage, and lo and behold, they've got nothing.  Nadal loses and two hours later we get tape delay coverage.  

Someone explain this to me, please.  The last Olympics taught us that it is better to broadcast live in an unfavorable time-slot rather than do this tape delay crap.  Anyway, I just had to vent, I blame Nadal's loss on the fact that in the picture above the outfit Nadal is wearing would be something that Dirty Harry would wear compared to his outfit today.  Really, neon pink with yellow?  Please tell me that isn't making a comeback... 

3 comments:

diane said...

I'm sooo not into sports, I think it's a waste that they televised it at all. 2-hour tape delay? Meh. I want an ice cream at McDonalds. Just not interested in that tennis crap.
Now I will get on board the band wagon about the travesty of ending Arrested Development after 2-1/2 seasons. What the crap? (BTW - I need to borrow the next season DVDs.)

Anonymous said...

What, I am out of touch for 24 hours or so and Nadal is gone!! Too bad, I missed the pink and yellow. I am not going to complain about tape delay coverage for sports in general, but maybe tennis is an exception....

Anyway, was glad to see your updates... Was bored sitting here in the hotel with nothing else to do at this point except watch Pacifier (Vin Diesel) that too in French!!!

Homer said...

Maybe the Pacifier in French would make it more sensible (seeing as I don't speak the language).