Monday, January 07, 2013

Endings and Beginnings


I know that those things are usually in a different order. I thought I'd start this post by lamenting the end of one of my favorite things, a book series. I have been reading Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series since the first book came out in 1990. This was supposed to be a trilogy that had been percolating in the mind of a writer who had really done not much more than write some Conan books for Tor in the late 80's. It got away from him and turned into a sprawling 13 book series that has seen Robert Jordan die and Brandon Sanderson come in and finish it up. The final book, A Memory of Light, comes out tomorrow, so if I don't post anything for a bit, it is because I'm busy reading.

The beginning that I am excited about is a new season of one of the most under-rated television series going, FX's Justified. I am interested in seeing where Rayland Givens is going to go from the end of the last season, where he learned that his father was trying to kill him. It was a dark ending to a pretty dark season of television. All told, it should be a very entertaining week...

No comments: