Saturday, March 15, 2008

Raping Our Childhood


A common complaint today is that Hollywood and the entertainment industry is in the process of raping our childhood.  We have seen a crush of movies and other visual mediums re-making or re-creating movies, television shows, or cartoons that were popular in the 80's; everything from the Transformers movie to a rumored resurrection of The A-Team.  

I guess I am just not that attached to my cherished childhood movies or television anymore.  I don't care.  If Hollywood is so creatively bankrupt that they need to "reimagine" The Breakfast Club, then have at it.  My memories of favorite films are still there, I'm not that old yet.   I find the trend sad and pathetic, but oh well.  To anyone who does get upset about this I guess you'll just have to get over it, or go on a killing rampage that must begin at Michael Bay's house.  I can give you the directions, just ask.


I do have a final suggestion to Hollywood, and I know they're listening.  If you are going to rape my childhood, continue casting Megan Fox, okay?

No comments: