I know, you're thinking to yourself "That bastard, he promised more content and failed to follow through again!" Well, if you think that, you're wrong. Dead wrong, so with that said, here's this week's top 5 Homer-interest stories:
1. I love Dr. Pepper - and not just because they used to use Bugs Bunny in their commercials. This week Dr. Pepper used Axl W. Rose to get some free publicity, promising a free can of Dr. Pepper to everyone in the United States if Guns and Roses The Chinese Democracy is released this year. I guess I'll have to keep paying for my soda this year. Fun fact, Geffen Records has paid over $10 million to Axl Rose for this record. And record companies blame the internet for their business troubles.
2. Baseball season/wabbit season - Well I'm not nearly as clever as Chuck Jones, so I'll let that joke pass, but another season of baseball is on the horizon. I have high hopes for the Diamondbacks, but with this whole Doug Davis cancer thing, it could get dicey. Doesn't he know it's awful selfish to get cancer during the season?
3. Rock of Love - as a follow up to a previous posting, they ramped up the crazy and the final few episodes look good. Mumbly Jo is gone and they brought Heather back to pump up the insanity. Looks good, unlike Brett's ferret, which looks like it needs a tick-bath.
4. Moving sucks - putting all of your shit into boxes is one of the stupidest ideas ever. 'Nuff said.
5. Justice - I saw this week that the family of the guy that was injured in Hulk Hogan's son's car (a lot of possessives there huh?) is suing the wrestler. It's a sad story, but can someone please explain why Nick Bollea, or whatever the hell his name is, isn't in jail at the moment? You want to curtail pseudo-celebrity entitlement, put one of these assholes in jail for a year so they can have their turn in the Saturday Night Glory Hole and you won't see anymore celebrity DUI's, I promise.