Saturday, October 25, 2008

Magic


Who knew that between being Playboy's Playmate of the Year in 1994 and dating "funny man" Jim Carrey, Jenny McCarthy had time to become a wizard?  

I staunchly defend the right of celebs to spout off about whatever cause they come in contact with, I don't begrudge them the right to use their public profile to rally whatever attention they can muster for some greater good.  I figure that if the lazy public gets duped by listening to Richard Gere, then by God they deserve what they get.  McCarthy always seemed a bit different from the normal celebrity though.  She always came across as a kinda kooky, not serious about herself, normal person.  Then she went public with her son's diagnosis of Autism, and her subsequent fight against childhood vaccinations.  Her performance on Larry King Live was a low point in that show's long history of low points.  You felt bad for Ms. McCarthy but also embarrassed for her.

Now she claims to have cured her son using some special diet and, I presume, her own brand of magic.   Which is, of course, bitchin'.  I mean, I always knew her rack was fantastic and probably had special powers, but this is another level.  Witches have always been so scary and unappealing, hopefully this is a new trend.  All I know is that I am no longer going to waste my time taking my kids to the pediatrician when they are sick, I'm just going to go find the nearest Playmate I can find and have them look at them.  I'll feel better anyway, at least until the divorce kicks in.

No comments: