Thursday, May 06, 2010

Don't Taze Me Bro...



Alright bitches, here we go. On Monday a Philadelphia Phillies fan ran onto the field and eluded the police and security for about thirty seconds before an off-duty police officer working the game whipped out his taser and lit him up. Apparently this is controversial. I must admit that I don't understand why.... Is it illegal to run onto the field at a baseball game? Yes. Have people come out of the stands and attacked players before? Yes. Would it make sense to use non-lethal force to stop an self-centered attention whore before he gets hurt or hurts someone else? Yes. All of this makes perfect sense to utilize a taser.

I'm not sure what those who are upset would prefer, a baton-beating? A player going Rick Monday on someone's ass? Or perhaps another Monica Seles? The best part is this kid supposedly texted/called his dad to see what he thought of the idea before he did it. What a good kid, asking dad if he should break the law...

Let's not get crazy and suggest that these people should be shot, but there is nothing wrong with tazing someone up if they get liquored up and stupid. Either way, when it happens again, I just want to see the video.

2 comments:

diane said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

What gets me is that it took multiple people to come up with THIS plan. LOL!

I couldn't agree with you more. If this were up to me, I would take great pleasure in tazing anyone that comes up with an asinine idea like this.

Again....

Was not hard to infer that there's more in the news that deserves my attention but I'll get to that when I have more time.